Tue, 25 April 2006
Up a Paddle Episode 6 - OW! My Buccanneers
Happy Anniversary! This is the one year anniversary of my blog www.kentcer.com/nucleus. As such, I did a little longer podcast.
Corrections and Comments
- Ranma Review - Its pronounced A - ka -ne, not A-kane.
- You can lead a cow downstairs, but not backwards. Wonder who tried that one. Thanks to listener Cowboy Bebop for that
- Bring back Kaid - Turns out my little brother can't spell. So from now on, his nickname is Kaid with a K.
- The biggest snowflake ever reported measured 15 inches across
News and Rumors
- As E3 is gearing up in the next two weeks, I'm planning a podcast for predictions on e3, and the one after e3 will of course be mostly video game news
- Current rumors right now
- Nights game in development for Nintendo Revolution
- Microsoft licensed MAME for Xbox Live Arcade. Also has deal with Sega
- HD-DVD is officially released - Selling out all over the place
- Naruto Fillers are going to keep happening.
- 17 inch MacBook Pro released - Looks very sexy. If I had the funds, I'd buy one. And put windows on it.
- Two members of Peta (people for the eating of tasty animals), protest a peta protest by eating fried chicken.
In the words of the late Mitch Hedburg, I'm against protesting but I don't know how to show it.
- You cannot hear the sound made by a butterfly's wings because they flap too slowly
Conspiracy Theory Corner - Is Mario Mario a Communist?
- This is a retread of the Smurfs Argument
- The South Pole has a desert
- This week - how I find content for my blog
- Recommend sites to go to - http:\\Digg.com, http:\\video.google.com, http:\\youtube.com, http:\\www.forumopolis.com,
- Commentary on the first minute or two of an episode of Corner Gas
- The province of Saskatchewan has a volcano.
Brain Age - Train Your Brain In Minutes a Day for the Nintendo DS
- Trigun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigun)
Trigun (ããããã) is a sci-fi manga series with a steampunk Wild West theme.
It is the story of Vash the Stampede, a.k.a. The Humanoid Typhoon, a person with a
$$60,000,000,000 bounty on his head, and the two Bernardelli Insurance Society employees,
Meryl Stryfe and Milly Thompson, who were ordered to follow him and minimize the damage
that seems to follow Vash everywhere he goes. Vash can almost appear to have two personalities -- that of a harmless idiot
and that of an unstoppable warrior -- but is always staunchly pacifist.
- A Rhino's horn is made of compacted hair
- Do it yourself furniture instructions
- When you sneeze, every function in your body stops, including your heart
A visit with Podcast Pete
- Tree sap is a conductor of electricity - That's why it's dangerous to stand under one during a thunderstorm
Penny Arcade Podcast (Downloadable Content)
- A podcast on how they come up with their strip ideas
- The Greatest Xmas Song Ever Written by American Heartbreak
Note: This song and other podsafe songs are graciously provided by http:\\music.podshow.com
Mon, 17 April 2006
Up a Paddle Episode 5 - Plead The Fifth
This episode is a little short due to technical issues ... and I'm lazy. Still a good mishmash of geekery. Enjoy.
Only 1 person in 2 billion will live to be 116.
Conspiracy Theory Corner
- Were Bert and Ernie killed because of their alleged homosexual lifestyle?
More of an urban legend than conspiracy
- Real conspiracy - Bert is evil and must be stopped
Fine-grained volcanic ash can be found as an ingredient in some toothpastes.
All polar bears are left-handed.
Mangled Joke of the Week
Dueling is legal in Paraguay, as long as both parties are registered blood donors.
That Song (is Stuck In My Head) by Full Minute of Mercury
Mon, 10 April 2006
Up a Paddle - Episode 4 - Batting Cleanup
Hi there Poddies! I'm glad your still listening. This podcast was a little later than usual due to a power outage and is a little on the short side but it's still good.
Also, please check out my blog at http:\\www.kentcer.com\nucleus
Video game news
- Ubisoft's Red Steel (aka Katana) pictures leaked. First possible in game shots for the Revolution and they actually looked pretty good
- 20 games at Revolution Launch
- DS Lite to hit North America in May
- Street fighter 2 priced for Xbox live
- Apple releases Boot Camp - Allows you to dual boot Windows XP Pro and Apple OSX.
Coca-Cola translated to Chinese means, "To make mouth happy".
Conspiracy Theory Corner
The Smurfs - Quaint Children's cartoon or Communist Propaganda
- For more on this, go to http://www.geocities.com/forhim24/smurf.html
- For more propaganda cartoons, watch Walt Disney Treasures - On the War Front
Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
- For more info, go to http://www.mahq.net/animation/bebop/bebop.htm
It is possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.
Pigeons - Rats with Wings
The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
Mangled Joke of the Week
- Orange for a head
- Summertime Music by Brother Love
Tue, 4 April 2006
Up a Paddle - Episode 3 - The Third Strike
I apologize for late episode and I'm doing a little longer one to make up for it. I'm also done begging for email. If I get any email, I'll read it but that's probably not going to happen any time soon. I'm going to treat this podcast like my blog: I'm going to talk about
whatever I feel like.
- Nintendo News
- Revolution specs leaked by IGN
- You will be able to store Virtual Console games using virtually any medium as long as it can connect using USB
- Xbox 360
- From the makers of Grand Theft Auto comes Table Tennis http://www.joystiq.com/2006/04/03/rockstars-table-tennis-is-no-joke/
- Movie News
- Simpsons Movie coming in 2007. Oh Joy
- Anime News
- Adult Swim to get Bleach and Eureka 7. Eureka 7 will premiere April 14th. The first episode of Eureka 7 will also be available to stream free at animevillage.com and there will be the option to download for a fee.
- Tech News
- UMDs are pretty much dead http://www.engadget.com/2006/03/30/umd-about-to-be-ditched-by-wal-mart/
- Warner is shipping HD-DVD's on the 18th of this month. Million Dollar Baby, Last Samurai, and Phantom of the Opera first releases, followed by 17 others, including The Matrix
- Apple News, or lack thereof
- No Apple Announcement for April 1 ie no video iPod
News was a little hard to come by this week as April Fools day messed around with the regular stories. Case in point - Bob Ross Joy of Painting game for Revolution and DS - actually a real game but everyone thought it was an April Fools day joke. http://revolution.ign.com/articles/699/699647p1.html
- Metal shrinks when it is cold. That is why the Eiffel tower is six inches shorter in the winter time
Conspiracy Theory Corner
- Was Nessie an Elephant?
Top Speed of a Pigeon in flight: 90mph
- Walk the Line
- King Kong - 2005 version
- Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2, Deluxe
Seasons 1 and 2 now out on dvd. Season 3 hits May 9th
- Yakitate Japan!
- Bluebirds cannot see the color blue.
Special Segment - The Little Brother Challenge with guest host Cade
- We each ate 3 Kinder Suprise eggs to see who would get the air plane toy.
- The heel of a sock is called the "gore"
- Bottled Water, or glorified tap water.
- Squirrels cannot see the color red
- Question - Are you married?
- Ask a Ninja http://www.askaninja.com
- "Down in Flames" by Superbeing