Mon, 27 March 2006
Episode II - The Podcast Strikes Back
Hi, I was astonished by all the downloads I received this week. Please email email@example.com to give me some feedback so I can tailor the show. Please forgive the audio quality as I'm working out some issues.
- I read spam because I didn't get any real email.
- Please send in email to firstname.lastname@example.org Even if it's to say the show sucks, give me something. Also Pete needs pirate questions.
- Going to set up skype so people can leave me voice mail, can play it on the air. I should have that set up by next week. Check upapaddle.libsyn.com for this.
- The faster a kangaroo hops, the less energy it burns!
- TV News
- Bad News Everyone - Futurama news last week was false. Billy West had incorrect info. Direct to DVD movies still a go.- Movie News
- More bad news - Simpsons renewed for another season. Just let the show die, already
- Snakes on a Plane going for reshoots to have additional scenes added to it. Will now be R Rated and include the line "There are Melon Farming Snakes on the Melon Farming Plane!" Of course Melon Farming will probably be replaced with a stronger explictive- Video Game news
- GDC Conference was held in San Diego
- PS3 Delayed until November
- PS3 discs will be region free. Yay importing.
- PS3 will act as media server which will stream to your PSP - PS1 and PS2 games will be available for download - PS1 games will be able to be played on the psp,
- Music and movies will also be downloaded for PS3
- 60 GB harddrive - standard- Nintendo
- Rubber Ducky demo - if the system ships with this, I'll be obligated to buy a PS3
- New Legend of Zelda game for the DS
- Sega and Hudson games will be available for download.
- Download store will be like iTunes, and it sounds like any developer can put original content up for cheap
- What they didn't announce - new name for Revolution, any Rev games, any demos, any pictures, final secrets of the system.
- More to come from E3, natch
- The inventor of Vaseline, Robert Chesebrough, ate a spoonful of Vaseline every morning. He lived to 96 years old
Conspiracy Theory Corner
- Futurama episodes are a go, Billy West just jumped the gun.
- TV Shopping with friend. Noticed some tv's had better signals than others. Is this on purpose? I say yes
- Next week Was Nessie an Elephant?
Random Fact - as presented by the Question from Justice League - The tiny tips on your shoes are called aglets. Their true purpose is sinister
- Change the nature of the reviews, the will more or less be recommendations from now on
- TV - This Week - Shows you should be watching
- Corner Gas (Season 1 and 2 now out on DVD)- Anime Recommendations
- Irresponsible Captain Tylor- Video Game
- Donkey Konga
- Ears of corn always have an even number of rows of kernels.
The Angry Dome
- Commercials at the theater - unskippable commercials in DVD's
- Commercials in games
- Kleenex tissues were originally used as filters in gas masks.
- Doing the Mangled Joke of the Week for Kent. Will be back next week with actual questions
- Did you see the pirate movie. It was rated ARRR! -Recommended Podcast of the Week - Josh In Japan (www.joshinjapan.com)
This pirate walks into a bar with a big ship's wheel down his pants. The bartender says, "Excuse me, sir, but do you know you have a ship's wheel down the front of your pants?" And the pirate says... Aaargh, it's driving me nuts!!
Ending MP3 - Sound Scientist by Bill http://music.podshow.com/music/listeners/artistdetails.php?BandHash=148cefe228e814695760e94419a9a1f8
Direct download: Up_A_Paddle_Episode_2_The_Podcast_Strikes_Back.mp3
Category:podcasts -- posted at: 12:29 AM
Sun, 19 March 2006
Up A Paddle - Episode 1 - It Begins
EDIT: Feb 11, 2007 - I've edited this podcast to fix the sound issues. I'll be going through in the next few weeks and editing the first few episodes as they are a little iffy in the quality department.
26 new episodes of Futurama are in production.
If the chemical sodium is dropped into water it will immediately and violently explode.
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within for Xbox
V for Vendetta
The abbreviation OK stands for Ol 'Korrect.
Go to The Straight Dope for the, uh, straight dope on this abbreviation
Giraffe's Tongues are black
The Angry Dome
Why IM will result in the downfall of our civilization.
Mangled Joke of the Week
"What did the farmer say when he lost his tractor?"
"Where's my tractor?"
You ever notice when geese fly in v formation, that one line is longer than the other? That's because there are more geese in that line.
What's up with your eye patch?
Podcast Site: http://upapaddle.libsyn.com
Personal Blog: http://www.kentcer.com/nucleus
Thanks for Listening